Dental Cosmetics Chandler, AZ
While most people are not born with a perfect smile, cosmetic dentistry advancements can help people get the beautiful smiles they have always wanted. These procedures can correct discolored, chipped, misaligned, or otherwise imperfect-looking teeth. Patients can choose from various techniques to restore and enhance their teeth, gums, or overall smile.
These procedures can help anyone who wants to improve the appearance of their smile. Dental cosmetics can help you enjoy the confidence and freedom to smile freely. Our team at Arizona Family Dental provides cosmetic dental services in Chandler and the surrounding area. Call us at (480) 674-6602 to schedule an appointment and learn more.
What to Know About Dental Cosmetics
Cosmetic dentists work to improve the smile’s appearance rather than focusing solely on dental health as a general dentist does. However, cosmetic dentistry is not considered a separate specialty by the American Dental Association. All cosmetic dentists have trained as general dentists, while some may have completed additional training as prosthodontists or orthodontists.
Although many cosmetic dentistry options are available, people should choose the right one based on their current situation and goals. It is also essential to conduct thorough research and have realistic expectations. People interested in receiving treatment should understand the benefits, risks, and costs of any procedure before deciding. Speak with a cosmetic dentist for more information and guidance on which services may offer the best outcomes.
“Cosmetic dentists work to improve the smile’s appearance rather than focusing solely on dental health as a general dentist does.”
Dental Cosmetics Restorative Options
Many cosmetic procedures are considered restorative as well. Restorative procedures replace damaged or missing teeth and are more aimed at improving function and oral health. These options aim to return a smile to its former form and function and prevent future oral problems. Some popular restorative procedures that also improve teeth cosmetically are:
- Bonding: This procedure involves using tooth-colored resin to repair a damaged tooth. Bonding corrects decayed, damaged, or misshapen teeth. It provides cosmetic and functional restoration for minor damage.
- Crowns: These tooth-shaped caps fit over a damaged tooth. They imitate the size, shape, strength, and appearance of natural teeth. Crowns can also cover implants or anchors for bridges.
- Implants: An implant replaces the root of a tooth. It may hold a crown or dentures in place. Dental implants are a permanent and robust replacement for missing teeth.
“Cosmetic dentists can perform procedures that serve restorative as well as aesthetic purposes.”
Exclusively Cosmetic Procedures
Other dental cosmetic procedures serve purely cosmetic purposes. Cosmetic dentistry continues to empower people to improve their smiles. Some common purely cosmetic procedures include:
- Enamel Shaping: A cosmetic dentist can shape the enamel to improve its appearance. People with crooked, overlapping, irregular, or damaged teeth will often get enamel shaping. Patients will commonly combine enamel shaping with other treatments like bonding.
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth become stained over time from consuming foods and drinks, smoking, or taking certain medications. People can choose between getting teeth whitening under the supervision of a dental professional or at home using less effective over-the-counter products. Some professional teeth whitening options are tray-based tooth whiteners and in-office bleaching.
- Veneers: When getting a veneer, a patient will have a small amount of enamel shaved down to improve the tooth’s appearance. A wafer-thin ceramic shell replaces the shaved enamel. A bonding material then attaches the ceramic shell to the tooth and allows normal tooth function.
“Cosmetic dentistry continues to empower people to improve their smiles.”
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Dental Cosmetics in Chandler, AZ
The Benefits of Dental Cosmetics
Many people yearn for a more attractive smile. Correcting damaged teeth, bite straightening, and teeth whitening are a few of the many solutions people can use to improve their smile. These treatments can give people the confidence they need to smile bigger and more often. A 2017 study found that various dental disorders like malocclusion, anterior traumatic tooth, tooth loss, and untreated decay profoundly affected adolescents’ appearance and psychosocial behavior, thus affecting their self-esteem. Dental cosmetics may have positive psychological effects, as some patients have reported improved self-esteem after receiving treatment.
Dental cosmetics can have other benefits by offering solutions to improve a patient’s aesthetic appearance. Some procedures can fix aesthetic issues like crooked, damaged, or diseased teeth. In some cases, dental cosmetics can also improve facial appearance and structure. Although the primary focus of dental cosmetics is improving appearance, specific procedures can also improve health and function. For example, implants are a common way to address the difficulties of missing teeth. Bonding and crowns can fix the appearance of a chipped tooth and alleviate the resulting discomfort.
“Dental cosmetics can have other benefits by offering solutions to improve a patient’s aesthetic appearance.”
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How many visits do I need to schedule to receive dental cosmetics?
A. The number of visits will depend on the type of procedure and the patient. Some patients can achieve their goals through a few visits, while others require more. Ask questions during the consultation to find out how many visits your treatment plan will entail.
Q. Is cosmetic dentistry permanent?
A. Some cosmetic dentistry treatments will last longer than others. For example, teeth whitening is not permanent, and patients will eventually need to receive additional treatments. Many dental cosmetic procedures can last decades or even a lifetime with proper care and maintenance, like dental restorations.
Q. Can I get cavities with dental veneers?
A. The veneer itself will not decay. However, the natural parts of your teeth still can. Veneers do not increase or decrease your likelihood of getting cavities as long as they are properly cleaned and maintained.
Q. Will my dental cosmetics stain?
A. The risk of staining will depend on the kind of dental cosmetics received. While the porcelain in veneers is not likely to stain, bleached teeth can stain easily from certain foods and drinks. It is important to follow care instructions and schedule regular exams and cleanings with a dentist to maintain your treatment.
Q. Can tooth whitening damage enamel?
A. Tooth whitening does not damage the enamel or any other part of the mouth permanently when done correctly. Enamel is considered the hardest tissue in the body. This treatment can cause temporary tooth sensitivity.
Quality Dental Services Can Transform Your Smile
By visiting us as soon as possible, our team can help get you the professional treatment you need. Instead of waiting around and allowing the symptoms to get worse, we can provide you with treatment options.
- An allograft is a graft of tissue from a donor within the same species as the patient that is not a genetic relative.
- Cap Splint
- A cap splint is a plastic or metallic device that professionals may use to treat mandible or maxillary fractures and cover crowns of teeth.
- Crown Lengthening
- Crown lengthening is a surgical procedure that increases the extent of a tooth structure for restorative or esthetic purposes.
- Dentin Hypersensitivity
- Dentin hypersensitivity is when the enamel wears down on the tooth enough that the dentin faces exposure and will cause great levels of pain when a person applies pressure to the tooth or drinks hot/cold beverages.
Schedule an Appointment
If you want to improve the appearance of your teeth, dental cosmetics may be for you. Our team is here to help you love your smile. Call (480) 674-6602 to schedule an appointment at Arizona Family Dental.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Clinical Terms. 2022
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2022
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2022
About our business and website security
- Arizona Family Dental was established in 2005.
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Maricopa County and Pinal County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Tempe, Phoenix, Queen Creek, Sun Lakes, and Guadalupe
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
The term “cosmetic” causes many people to brush off the idea of visiting a cosmetic dentist to fix serious oral health problems. Oftentimes, this is the result of major misconceptions about possible treatments and the feeling that procedures are purely about fixing appearance. However, this form of dentistry usually goes far beyond aesthetic appeal. It…
While veneers are technically considered cosmetic treatments, a cosmetic dentist may describe additional benefits to getting them added to the teeth. Dental veneers can both improve the look of the smile and help keep teeth healthy. These thin, customized shells cover the front of the teeth and can be customized to match the color of…
Dental veneers are a type of prosthetic that can be placed by a cosmetic dentist to improve the shape, color, and overall appearance of a patient’s smile. Used for aesthetic and restorative purposes, veneers consist of a thin shell of porcelain or a different tooth-colored composite material that is attached to the front surface of…
A cosmetic dentist can recommend various treatments to improve the appearance of teeth. Most cosmetic treatments are elective and not intended to restore function; however, they help patients attain a beautiful and confident smile. The goal of cosmetic dentistry is to enhance a patient's smile by improving the teeth's appearance regarding:ColorShapeAlignmentSizeSpacingEvery mouth has different proportions…